|Southampton Trails Preservation Society
33 Years, 300+ Miles Of Trails
|Every Thursday morning
you can help on the beautiful trails in Southampton Town.
To sign up, contact
Ken Bieger, email@example.com, 631-745-4535
PANTS TUCKED INTO
PACK FOR WATER
HERE'S HOW TO DRESS FOR HIKING:
* PRE-SPRAY YOUR CLOTHES WITH
A BUG SPRAY CONTAINING
* TAKE WATER .
* MEET THE HIKE LEADER
* CHECK YOURSELF FOR TICKS
WHEN YOU GET HOME.
- STPS is a non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to protecting trail systems.
- STPS also includes Horses on Trails (HOT) which encourages recreational horseback trail
- STPS originated and annually participates in The Great East End Cleanup and organizes
community activities on National Trails Day (in June) and South Fork Trails Day weekend
- STPS leads free hikes throughout the Town of Southampton every Saturday and Sunday
all year long.
|Join the work crew!
Here is the crew opening a
NEW TRAIL in North Sea.
Tree at Anna & Daniel Mulvihill Preserve
Marilyn Kirkbright & Dai Dayton
Long Island Natural History Organization
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Trash at Long Springs Trail
HOT ride on beach
Proposed new trail at Flax Pond, Water Mill
Clearing Hubbard Park Trail
Southampton Trails Preservation Society
Enjoy two great hikes this coming weekend.
*Above: Saturday's hike is at Sears Pond. The
leader is Jim Crawford.
*Right: Sunday's hike is at Laurel Valley County
Park. The leader is Tim Corwin.
Check the calendar for details.
1947 aerial view of Trout Pond
In this photo taken at Trout Pond is a downy
woodpecker hidden - or perhaps flown away.